Weekly Schedule Breakdown
Summer camp cooking classes typically run for 4 days out of the week, for 3 hours each day, Monday through Thursday for 8 ½ weeks.
Day 1: Cooking Basics
- We cover foundational information such as preparedness, kitchen safety, proper food handling, hygiene, cross-contamination, measuring, and proper food storage.
- Get to know some of the herbs we will be cooking with and learning how to chop fresh herbs and incorporate them into dishes.
- The art of decorating your plate for food
- We’ll also focus on the importance of food labels, and good eating habits.
Day 2: Who Wants Breakfast
- We’ll show kids how to make simple breakfast food items
- We’ll make some amazing things like stuffed unicorn french toast and yummy smoothies
- Kids will learn how to make mini pancakes with fruit on the inside of them
- Fruits cups for breakfast
- How to make different types of eggs
Day 3: Food Around The World
- Kids will be introduced to some simple foods from different places around the world to enjoy.
- Items like Fish Cakes or Colombian Empanadas, Hawaiian Chicken Skewers, Swedish Meatballs or Samosas just to name a few.
- We will also venture to Italy and create some fun and exciting foods that your kids will enjoy.
Day 4: Who Wants To Bake
- Kids will learn how to make cobblers, pies, and cute cupcakes.
- Your child will learn how to create mini desserts to share with the family.
+ We kindly ask parents to come together to assist with hosting the classes at their private residence. This helps to create an environment of trust, comfort, and safety for the kids that attend. We encourage parents/and or legal guardians to be present, in support of their kids and their friends
+ Kids Cooking Camp participants receive a Certificate of Completion (If enrolled in at least 6 consecutive weeks of participation)
+ Each student will receive menus each week along with the nutritional activity for that week. If a student misses a week, they will only receive the recipes for the classes they attend.
+ Payments are non-refundable. If any class that has been paid for is missed, payments will not be refunded for that specific class but can be used as a credit towards week during the summer camp.